Marinated Broiled Salmon with Roasted Corn and Zucchini Sautee and Mixed Green Salad
DISCLAIMER: The following recipes were developed based on my taste buds. I love mixing savory and sweet. I strained my brain to create measurements because I typically only measure when baking. So feel free to experiemnt with ingredients. Don't be afraid! Have fun and enjoy!
- 6 salmon fillets
- black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1/3 cup Raw Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 cup of Ponzu
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Season the salmon fillets to taste with garlic powder.
- In a bowl, stir together coconut aminos, ponzu, brown sugar, water, and olive oil until sugar is dissolved.
- Place the salmon in a large resealable plastic bag adding the marinade to the bag. Seal and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. The longer you marinate it, the better.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a foil-lined pan, bake the salmon for 12 minutes, then broil on high for the last 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Roasted Corn and Zucchini Sautee
- 1 16 oz bag of Trader Joe's frozen roasted corn
- 1 orange baby bell pepper diced (If using a regular orange pepper use 1 tablespoon)
- 1 red baby bell pepper diced (If using a regular red pepper use 1 tablespoon)
- 1 medium to large zucchini diced
- 1 diced shallot (You can substitute half small yellow onion)
- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Thaw out the bag of corn.
- Heat the coconut oil in the pan. Add the water.
- Add all the ingredients.
- Sautee until zucchini is tender but not overcooked.
Mixed Greens Salad
- Mixed greens (dark leafy greens of your choice)
- sliced cucumber
- thin sliced red onions (as much or as little as you like)
- sliced granny smith apple
- dried cranberries
- vinaigrette of your choice (I like balsamic)
- crumbled feta cheese (optional)